Thread: horse with limp

Thanks

horse with limp

i have a 9 year qh. He has had a limp for about 3 weeks now.He does not show to be in pain but when i lung him i see him with a limp. he does not have any heat anywhere on leg. I am getting really worried about it . It just wont go way. Can anybody help me.

Thanks

horse with limp

it sounds to be in his foot not his leg.you need to see a vet.dont take any chances three weeks is a long time.with out feet there is no horse...so its time to call the vet...
    walk softly in his hoof prints

Thanks

horse with limp

Take whinny's advice. And whinny what you said makes me laugh, just today i got a new hoof oil called No Feet, No Horse.:lol:
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today!

Thanks

horse with limp

HAHA WELL I GUESS I CALLED THAT ONE HUH?MY TRAINER USE TO SAY IF A HORSE IS LAME THEN ITS JUST POTATO WAITING TO BE PEELED.POTATOS ARE BETTER WITH THE SKINS ON SO GET THE HORSE FIXED.SO ITS WILL BE A HORSE AGAIN NOT A SPUD.LOL HE WAS A VERY OLD WORLD MAN FROM AUSTRIA,WERE HE GOT HIS ANOLIGIES ILL NEVER NO.BUT EVERY TIME I LOOK AT A POTATO I THING OF A LAME HORSE HAHA.
    walk softly in his hoof prints

Thanks

horse with limp

That is the thing i did take him to vet when i first saw the limp . And was given pain med. but yet he sill has the limp.:S

Thanks

horse with limp

Try again or try a different vet and see what they say or have you tried a chiro he could be out some were. But I for one like whinny would be following it up 3 weeks is to long.

Thanks

horse with limp

his03, welcome to the forum. Change vets. Vets should tell you what is wrong with the 'patient' and not send you off with medication without knowing what to expect.

Thanks

horse with limp

Any news on your horse how is he going ?

Thanks

horse with limp

My boy has been lame for 6 weeks on and off now and the vet said he had tendon damage.. Farrier came yesterday and said Bear had bruised heels.. Both hooves on the far side were affected.. First time I've even seen it.. Bear was sorer for longer with the first hoof and the second one 'blew out' with in a few days so my advise would be to get your farrier to look at your horse.. Bear is not walking around normally again (Monday) but on Saturday was extremely sore and hardly walking.. (Even though a friend rode past his paddock and Bear the show off was cantering the fence line with her.. She didn't even know he was lame again.. So ring your farrier.. B) Hope it helps..